Proposed Benjamin 25 Improvements
Capital Projects Overview
Safety & Security Improvements $2.5 million
- Improve front door access and security at Evergreen School
- Repair / replace playgrounds and parking lots
- Repair / replace non-working windows
Educational Improvements $2.5 million
- Upgrade science labs
- Upgrade student technology devices and related infrastructure
- Upgrade student furniture & convert small gym to multipurpose room
Facility Maintenance $1.9 million
- Repairs to roofs
- Classroom sink upgrades to meet current code
- Upgrade classroom lighting to LED
- To Commit And Re-invest in Education at Benjamin District 25 will require the passage of a referendum in April 2017.
- The Board is considering an increase to our Debt Service Extension Base to $997,500 per year.
- With old bonds retiring, the actual impact to the Debt Service Tax Rate on our real estate tax bills will decrease from 0.588 in 2017 to 0.494 in 2018.
- Thus, we can fund our needs and on this line item of the tax bill, see an estimated annual reduction of $73 for a home valued at $250,000.